- Formed in November of 1858, The Rockford Burns Club is the oldest continuous social and
ethnic organization in the city of Rockford, Illinois, and one of the oldest Robert Burns clubs in both the United States,
as well as Internationally.
- If you would like to know more about the rich history of Scottish
heritage in the Rockford, Illinois area, the book "'To the Immortal Memory' - A History of the Rockford Burns Club"
is available for $5.00 plus $5.00 USPS Priority Mail.
It is 64 pages of interesting reading, written by G.Douglas Nicoll,
Ph.D., Professor of History - Beloit College, Ret.
For more information about The Rockford Burns Club, or to request
your copy of "The Immortal Memory", contact us via the email link below.
- Check out
our latest Newsletter on the Newsletter page.
- We thank Walkers Shortbread for being an ongoing
supporter of the Rockford Burns Club through their GENEROUS donation of their fine shortbread products at our various events!!!
- Saturday, January 25, 2014 is the date of the 156th Annual Burns Banquet at The Hoffman House restaurant in Rockford,
IL. Noted by many as one of the premier scottish banquets in the midwest, you will definately want to mark your
calendars. Watch for additional information as the date draws closer!!!!!
- JOIN US ON SATURDAY, APRIL 6th AT 12 NOON at Rockford's Memorial Hall (Across from the downtown Rockford Public Library)
for our Annual Tartan Celebration Ceremony, when we commemorate the MANY contributions of Scotland on the United States and
the entire world! Refreshments to follow inside Memorial Hall immediately following the ceremony.